To configure Outlook to received copies of your email via an IMAP connection follow these instructions:
1. Enable POP/IMAP access for your UAH Google Mail account.
- Sign into your UAH Google account.
- Click Settings at the top of the Google Mail page.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the IMAP Access section, select Enable IMAP.
- Click the Save Changes button.
2. Open Outlook and add a new mail account. (Typically this is under the menu item Tools > Account Settings, but may vary depending on your Outlook version.)
3. Setup you email client using the instructions that Google provides for your client version: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=75726
(See the following pages for Outlook 2007 instructions example.)
Remember to use your Charger ID credentials and official email address when configuring the IMAP!
Your email account is: [email protected]
Your Google Apps user name is your full email ([email protected])
Your password is your Charger ID password (unless you have changed the password in Google settings).
If you have questions, please contact the OIT Help Desk at [email protected] or 256-824-3333.
1. Complete Step 1 above. (Enable IMAP access for your UAH Google Mail account.)
2. Open Outlook.
3. At the top of your screen select ‘Tools,’ then select ‘Account Settings’:
- Name and full email address (include @uah.edu)
- In the ‘Account Type’ dropdown menu, select IMAP and enter the incoming (imap.gmail.com) and outgoing (smtp.gmail.com) server names as shown below.
- In the ‘User Name’ field, enter your full email (including @uah.edu).
- Click the ‘More Settings’ button:
- Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL encryption.
- Outgoing server can use 587, TLS encryption.
- Click ‘OK’.